Saturday 6 December 2014

10 Years



10 years ago, today
I was in the wrong place, right time.
10 years ago, today
we met, we fucked, I left
without saying goodbye.

2 weeks later
we fucked, again;
but this time I stayed
because you lied.
The condom broke, I came.
Then you shared the news without shame.

"I live with the stigma,"
you told me,
afraid to disclose
'cause I might judge.
I was afraid, I cried.
You held me and let me stay the night.

That fateful night has led
to a bumpy relationship
of 10 years.
I loved, you loved;
yet now we're indifferent.
It's dying to end.

But we hold on
weakly, but we carry on
strangely, going about
through monotonous days
our individual ways
ignoring the lack of passion.

I felt more love
on that fateful day
when you lied to me,
than I do, on this day,
10 years later
when we should be in harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment